This Privacy Notice describes the relationship between Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd and your data – how it is acquired, processed and stored. It will demonstrate our respect for your data regarding security and compliance with current data protection legislation, and in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation, in effect from 25th May 2018.
Policy Updated: Thursday, 24 May 2018
Accessed at: http://www.artisanfireplaces.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Download at: http://www.artisanfireplaces.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AFD_CPNv3.pdf
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)].
• There exists NO statutory requirement for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd
• All STAFF of the client organisation who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured
3. Who we are
Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd is a retailer of fires and fireplace installations, from its premises in Brighouse, West Yorkshire.
Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Regulation 2016/679 Article 6 – “Lawfulness of processing”
Our legal basis for processing of the personal data consists of:
- Article 6.1(a) – “the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;”
- Article 6.1(b) – “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;”
- Article 6.1(c) – “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;”
- Article 6.1(f) “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.”
- Article 6.4(e) – “the existence of appropriate safeguards, which may include encryption or pseudonymisation.”
5. How do we process your personal data?
Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd complies with its obligations [under the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, relative to “lawfulness of process”:
- To maintain and administer accurate customer records (name, address, phone, email etc)
- Register you with our business
- Accounting and invoicing
- Additional sales from us to you
- Collecting owed monies
- Service and liaison with suppliers & contractors on your behalf
- To offer occasional marketing and promotional opportunities that we think you will be interested in
- To improve our overall service to you – through our direct contact and our website(s)
6. Sharing your personal data
• Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential
• We will only share your data with other third parties with your prior and explicit consent, for example FlueTech and installation teams, as explained at the point of sale
• Additionally, your personal data may be passed to the manufacturer to register your product for its warranty
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
• We keep your personal data for no longer than is reasonable
• We retain your personal data for the duration of any service contract or warranty period
• Personal data is not retained for any reason beyond a period of five (5) years
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the “GDPR”], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Officer, Tammy Gabbitass, Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd, Phoenix Mill, Phoenix Street, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HF6 1PD.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Sue Malthouse – Director
Artisan Fireplace Designs Ltd
Thursday, 24 May 2018